Friday, July 31, 2020

MY FIRST CHARCUTERIE PLATTER

Upon my retirement, I promised myself that I would try new things.  I'm pretty open to trying new dishes, even if I don't eat what I make, someone in my family will always give it a whirl.  😋  This season at the farmer's market I've noticed that many of my Royal Cottage customers have been using the jams and butters for charcuterie boards/platters.  This prompted me to begin following #charcuterieboard on Instagram, among other popular pages with similar themes.  After months of viewing sites and doing some basic research, I decided to try my hand at a charcuterie platter.  Below is what I used.   


  1. Royal Cottage, LLC's Splendid Strawberry Jalapeno Jam www.royalcottagellc.com 
  2. Royal Cottage, LLC's Auntie Kat's Apple Butter www.royalcottagellc.com 
  3. Early California Pimento Stuffed Olives 
  4. Keebler Toasteds Party Pack IG: @keebler
  5. Cabot Habanero Cheddar Cheese IG: @cabotcheese  
  6. Bel Gioioso Asiago Cheese IG: @belgioiosocheese 
  7. Bel Gioioso Mozzarella Pearls  IG: @belgioiosocheese
  8. Kings Choice Havarti Cheese
  9. Daniele, Inc. Hard Salami IG: @danieleinc  
  10. Daniele, Inc. Capocollo IG: @danieleinc 
  11. Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc IG: @joshcellars  
  12. Other ingredients; dried banana chips and apricots, loaf of baguette, turkey lunch meat, white and red grapes, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, almonds, pecans, capers

I decided with these pairings based on personal preference.  I LOVE cheese, so that part was easy for me.  In terms of meat options, I am very familiar with hard salami and capocollo.  I have been trying to offer myself healthier options so I added some turkey lunch meat.    



Some of our favorite pairings were 
  1. Auntie Kat's Apple Butter, dried banana chip, capocollo, havarti cheese, and dried apricot.  
  2. Capocollo, asiago cheese, and green grapes.  
  3. Crackers, turkey, Splendid Strawberry Jalapeno Jam. habanero cheddar cheese.  
  4. Asiago cheese with Auntie Kat's Apple Butter.  
  5. Baguette, capocollo, hard salami, turkey, Splendid Strawberry Jalapeno Jam, with green olive.  



So, overall this was not a bad experience and would definitely do it again.  Perhaps I will get a bit more adventurous.  Maybe mix in some veggies along with fruits.  I would love to see what you come up with for your first charcuterie platter/board.  Please send me pictures and let me know how you came up with your design.  To try out Royal Cottage's Auntie Kat's Apple Butter and Splendid Strawberry Jalapeno Jam, please visit our website at www.royalcottagellc.com  




No comments:

Post a Comment